Service provided by Marvin Hofer, Registered Social Worker
Maintaining a relationship can and does present with various challenges:
- balancing work and life (health issues, childcare issues, finances)
- difficulty communicating
- lack of intimacy
- coping with blended-family situations
- maintaining in-law relationships
- falling out of love
- deciding to maintain a non-sexually-exclusive relationship.
These are only some of the challenges you and your partner may be facing.
When you entered a romantic relationship, challenges like these may not have been part of your considerations – instead, a romantic notion and vision of the “perfect relationship” may have been at the forefront.
You may be exploring options individually, or you and your partner may already have discussed your difficulties and agreed to reach out for support.
Couples counselling can help you bridge the gap and reconnect.
Couples counselling is about engaging in a process of collaborative problem solving. The emphasis is on:
- creating a safe and respectful environment
- learning to communicate and identify individual and collective values and goals
- identifying the cultural lens which guides your belief systems
- accepting each other’s differences
- and building a solid foundation.
I have worked effectively with many couples (of varied sexual orientation), who have presented with diverse issues.
The Gottman method is highly effective in navigating and intervening collaboratively with couples – I have obtained both Level I (Bridging the Couple Chasm: A Research Based Approach) and Level II (Assessment, Intervention and Co-Morbidities) certification.
For more information, or to book an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact me via phone at 403-971-2807 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to meeting you both.